Leather biker jackers: here’s how to wear leather jackets (or how not to) for this Spring Summer 2016!
Leather biker jackets. Raise your hand if you don’t have a black leather jacket in your wardrobe… This spring the biker jacket has returned as a huge trend, so now’s the time to dig it out from the back of your wardrobe… but now we must change the way in which we would normally wear it. We spoke about this a little on my latest episode of Detto Fatto on Rai 2 (WATCH IT AGAIN HERE!) But if you haven’t yet got your hands on a leather jacket, or you want to follow this season’s trends, this guide is for you ;)
Leather biker jackets: here’s how to wear leather jackets (or not to) for this Spring Summer 2016!
– Try to find one with a central or side zip, with or without lapels, with or without an adjoining belt. The classic biker jacket has a belt and lapels, and is made from good quality black leather. This is the style I would advise you to invest in: a timeless classic.
– They suit women of every age and shape, but the only thing to be careful of is: younger people can pull of the total biker look or the 80s-style look (leather jacket paired with leather trousers, ripped jeans, embellishments or boyfriend jeans), whereas more mature women should opt to pair a leather jacket with other items that soften the harshness of the leather, for example a dress, well-cut suit trousers, classic blue jeans, a midi-skirt etc.
Leather biker jackets: THE LATEST TRENDS:
– IN UNUSUAL CUTS OR WITH EMBELLISHMENTS: for example cut-out shoulders
– COLOURED LEATHER
– IN A BLAZER-STYLE CUT, BUT MADE FROM LEATHER
– BOLD, WITH ZIPS, STUDS, AND/OR AN OVERSIZED FIT
My latest style guides up on my blog: