What to steal from your mum’s wardrobe!
What to steal from your mum’s wardrobe. Your mum’s wardrobe (and your grandma’s!) is an absolute treasure chest of finds! There are loads of garments that can be nabbed (or rather, borrowed!) from your mum’s wardrobe. Yes, because these items are back in fashion and originated many years ago, so if you can find them buried somewhere at home, you’re in luck!
What to steal from your mum’s wardrobe: items to look for…
Here’s what to steal from your mum/grandma’s wardrobe…
- 80s style jackets with padded shoulders: if you think they’re too big, try swapping it for some smaller pads which you can buy in a haberdashery. Mum / grandma will always agree…
- Evening gowns / pyjamas / lingerie from the 1990s: lingerie style dresses are back in fashion (we spoke about them in this post!).
- Levi’s jeans/ Mom jeans: high waisted jeans that are tight across the bum that finish at the ankle – super trendy. (We spoke about Mom jeans HERE, while HERE you can find all the fashionable jeans for this season!)
- Classic sundresses: especially striped ones! (I spoke about dresses you need in your wardrobe here!)
- Classic leather bags: vintage bags are back! Even better if you can dig out a vintage Hermès, Chanel, Gucci etc…
- Silk neckerchiefs (especially striped ones!
- Vintage denim jackets: perhaps oversized! (We spoke about this trend HERE)
- Classic Little Black Dress
- Clutch bags for evening: with sparkles or beads
- Vintage style classic jewellery: big earrings, buttons, classic watches…
- Silk shirts: oversized styles are perfect and always chic!
- Classic coats: Burberry trenches, Ferragamo blazers, a Chanel bouclé jacket…
- Eccentric items: a pair of mad trousers, a pair of colourful shoes, a printed shit… reinterpret them with contemporary styling ;)
If you want to read more…
NEWS!! FOLLOW ME LIVE ON SNAPCHAT EVERY DAY :)
All my adventures, training, shopping, backstage action and events… in mini videos that only last 24 hours! Search for IRENECOLZI or click here www.snapchat.com/add/irenecolzi
P.S. I’m still on Instagram @ireneCCloset (for beautiful live photos, and where I will always respond to your comments and questions!) and on Facebook Irene’s Closet , where we can chat all day long about new trends ;)